About Me

My photo
I support people on their journey to wellness through nutrition and lifestyle coaching! I am passionate about teaching people how lifestyle choices can be fun, inspiring and positively affect all aspects of their lives. I love guiding people to wellness one meal at a time!! I am also a passionate mama, a yogi and I love to cook!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Power up your health with a green smoothie

Green smoothies are a great way to start your day! Here is what I had for breakfast this morning.


 ½ frozen banana


 ½ cup fresh or frozen berries


 Water (about a cup or so)


 1 tbsp of ground flaxseeds


 Handful of fresh greens (ex: chard, kale, collards, spinach)


 1 serving of a greens powder (I use Schinoussa Sea Vegetable)


 1 serving of protein powder (Whey protein isolate, hemp or rice based proteins are top quality. I am currently using Progressive Nutrition Harmonized Vegan protein. I also love Genuine Heath Proteins+)


 NutraSea Fish Oil 1-2 tsp


Blend the first five ingredients in a high powered blender until well blended. Then turn machine off, add protein powder, fish oil and greens powder. Pulse once or twice to mix. Recipe note: Do not over blend the protein and fish oil. It denatures the protein and makes the consistency to frothy.


Enjoy the energy boost for the entire day!!! Your trillions of cells will thank you!


Kale, collards, chard, beet greens!! These foods are located in the section of produce that is missed by most people. This is such a sad thing because these foods are nutritional powerhouses. They contain essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are vital for optimal health.


I know .....I know.....you don’t like them!! I hear it all the time. Well this smoothie is an easy way to get your greens and not have to taste them! Trust me!! It will change the color of your smoothie but not the taste. Try it for yourself!!


And if you do like these greens and are eating them on a regular basis that is great!! You can also receive a health boost by adding some more of these superfoods into your diet by enjoying this smoothie.


Another great way to get greens into your diet is to chop finely and add to your soups or stew!!


I would love to hear your comments and feedback. Feel free to post them along with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment