About Me

My photo
I support people on their journey to wellness through nutrition and lifestyle coaching! I am passionate about teaching people how lifestyle choices can be fun, inspiring and positively affect all aspects of their lives. I love guiding people to wellness one meal at a time!! I am also a passionate mama, a yogi and I love to cook!

Monday, August 23, 2010

GRILLED VEGGIE LOVE!

 Last night I arrived home around 7pm from my cottage and I was hungry. I had a bunch of colorful veggies in the fridge so I decided to slice them up and grill up some veggie love.
I just used what ever I had in the fridge.

Here is what you see in the picture
- Yellow zucchini
- broccoli
- Candied beets (they are the yellow veg on the top right corner)
- Asparagus
- Vadillia onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red Bell Peppers
- Sweet potato
Drizzle with olive oil and grill on medium heat until cooked.
I topped with an amazing caper dressing. The dressing totally made the dish. It was power packed with amazing flavour. I highly recommend it!

Curried Caper Cashini Dressing
(Inspired by: Aletheia Zoe Chiang @ http://lafillenaturelle.wordpress.com/)

1/3 cup Cashini (I only had a cashew and tahini blend in my fridge, plain ol’ tahini will do the trick)
1/2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp organic pickled capers (small variety), crushed or whole to your preference (don’t worry if you get a
bit of caper juice in there, I did)
Might need a touch of water
Blend together ingredients or whisk by hand. Pour over the grilled veggies and enjoy the blast of flava!



We enjoyed this amazing veggie mix with a tasty chicken breast! Notice how the veggies were the superstar of our dinner last night? Enjoy your veggies!

QUESTION OF THE DAY!
What is your favorite sauce or dip you use to add a blast of flavour to your meals?
Please feel free to post a link to a recipe on your blog or the recipe in the comment section below! I would love to see them ;O)

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!


1 comment:

  1. I love that you loved the dressing. Makes me SO happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete