About Me

My photo
I support people on their journey to wellness through nutrition and lifestyle coaching! I am passionate about teaching people how lifestyle choices can be fun, inspiring and positively affect all aspects of their lives. I love guiding people to wellness one meal at a time!! I am also a passionate mama, a yogi and I love to cook!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Walnut Spread/Dip

Hummus is one of my favorite foods on the planet. I love it! I add it to salads, top it on my homemade burgers, add a dollop to soups, enjoy it veggies, etc! Most days you will find me enjoying this healthy and extremely tasty dip. This particular dip is a nice change to the traditional hummus. Adding the walnuts adds a good source of heart and brain healthy fats. The basil is loaded with nutrition and flavour! Enjoy!!

• 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (Eden Organic beans are best, no added sodium)
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• Sea salt and pepper, to taste

Drain beans, reserving liquid. In food processor, combine ¼ cup reserved liquid with remaining ingredients. Cover and process, scraping down sides and adding liquid as needed to make a smooth mixture. Store in refrigerator for 4-5 days. Serve with raw baby carrots, cucumber sticks, broccoli and fresh string beans (or any raw veggie you like).

PLEASE SHARE! I LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HEALTHY DIP???

No comments:

Post a Comment